Where To Find The Best Charcuterie in Orange County
If you’ve been asking yourself what charcuterie is, we can help answer that question. The term is French and describes a type of traditional culinary art that involves an arrangement of various types of meats like cold cuts, pates, ham, and sausage. These meats are typically served on a platter and accompanied by complementary foods like cheeses, crackers, and fresh fruits. Well-crafted charcuterie boards are popular because they’re a simple way to elevate a gathering and offer your guests a range of high-quality appetizers.
Our team at Capistrano Mazda researched where to find the best charcuterie in Orange County, California.
The Cheese Block
The Cheese Block in Costa Mesa, California, is inside The Hood Kitchen Space. This location is a cheese plate, charcuterie board, and catering brand you can order from just because or for an event. When you order from here, you can get a platter full of artisan cheeses arranged in a visually appealing way. The brand sources its cheeses from local and global vendors.
Here are some platters you can get from the individual menu:
- Individual classic cheese plate.
- Individual cheese and charcuterie plate.
- Family size snack boxes.
- Individual lunch boxes.
Place your order using The Cheese Block’s website or by calling the location. Additionally, if you’re looking for a charcuterie for your next event, like a birthday or office party, contact the company and make your order selections using the catering menu on the website.
- Hours Daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Location: 350 Clinton St., Costa Mesa.
Indulge in the yummy platters at Lover Boards in Costa Mesa. This location has been serving its community since 2020, so even though it’s new to the scene, it makes scrumptious and artistic boards. Locals know this establishment for its grazing boards that you can purchase for your events. To buy a grazing board from Lover Boards, you can use the website to send an inquiry to the staff about the details of your order. And, if you must cancel your order, be sure to give the staff at least 24 hours’ notice.
When you order a grazing board, here’s what it may include:
- Curated cheese.
- Fresh seasonal fruit.
Additionally, this company hosts in-person and virtual workshops where you can learn how to make your own board, giving it your own creative twist. This can help make you a pro at assembling one of these platters for your next event or offer you a chance to enjoy a fun activity on your own or with loved ones.
- Hours: Wednesday through Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- Location: 350 Clinton St., Suite A, Costa Mesa.
The Cheese Shop at The Mix
Get some delicious boards when you visit The Cheese Shop at The Mix in Costa Mesa. Here, you can have yummy domestic and imported cheese and charcuterie boards. The staff, endearingly called the Cheesemongers, cut all the cheeses to order, so you know you’re getting fresh slices with your boards. If you have a gluten sensitivity, this spot has gluten-free crackers to enjoy with your platter. You may also purchase cheese-related gear at The Cheese Shop, such as vintage fondue forks, specialty paper, and boards with a rustic charm.
There are several menu options to choose from, such as:
- The Meat Lover, which includes imported cured meats, nuts, pickles, olives, and mustard.
- The Classic, which comes with a range of artisan cheeses, fruits, olives, nuts, and spreads.
- The Valentine’s Board, which offers cheese and charcuterie, a gift box, and champagne.
For the fellow charcuterie lovers in your life, this location also has gift cards available so you can give a creative and tasty gift.
- Hours: Daily from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Location: 3313 Hyland Ave., Costa Mesa.
Let It Brie
Visit Let It Brie in Fullerton, California, a 23-minute drive to northern Orange County. This establishment is known for its artisan cheeses and artistic boards. If you’re looking for a location that lets you build your own board, this is the place for you. This way, you can enjoy your handpicked meat and cheese selections with available substitutions. Additionally, you can purchase individual boards as gifts.
Order some of these tasty boards:
- Introvert Platter, which includes three different cheeses, charcuterie, crackers, and a range of fruits, olives, and spreads.
- Extrovert Platter, which includes five cheeses, a range of meats, crackers and bread, fresh and dried fruits, pickles and olives, and delicious spreads.
- Monger’s Favorite, which is customizable and includes four of Let It Brie’s current favorites.
If you can’t make it to the location in person, allow Let It Brie to cater your private event at home or another venue. The company works with you to create a fabulous board for your special occasion and budget.
- Hours: Tuesday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., and closed on Monday.
- Location: 117 E. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton.
V&G Charcuterie is in Corona, California, about a 30-minute drive from Orange County to Riverside County. This location is an event catering company focusing on lavish spreads. Here, you can get specialty boards for vegan and gluten-free diets. Each platter is carefully designed and crafted for your individual event. Additionally, you can attend workshops once a month to learn about the art of charcuterie.
Here are some grazing tables you can get:
- The Jarlsberg, which comes with six different cheeses and two specialty boards.
- The Havarti, which offers five kinds of cheeses and two specialty boards.
- The Brie, which includes three fresh cheeses and two specialty boards.
- The Gouda, which offers seven types of cheeses and two specialty boards.
For your next event, consider relaxing instead of party planning by letting V&G Charcuterie cater and set everything up for you and your guests. The company requires a 50% deposit when you hire them.
- Hours: Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday from 1 to 5 p.m., and closed on Monday.
- Location: 2795 Cabot Drive, Suite 6-135, Corona.
So, there you have it: our team’s top suggestions on where you can find the best charcuterie in Orange County. What do you think of our list? Did we miss one of your go-to places? Contact us and tell us about it. Here at Capistrano Mazda, we take pride in listening to our customers’ opinions, especially about where to snack on tasty and aesthetically pleasing charcuterie.
Before your next event, come and visit our dealership in San Juan Capistrano, California, to speak with our team of sales professionals about your wants and needs for your next vehicle. You can also browse our new inventory and used vehicles where you might find exactly what you’re dreaming about driving.