Value Your Car
SELL OR TRADE YOUR CAR IN SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA
Capistrano Mazda has been proudly serving the community in San Juan Capistrano and the surrounding areas of California for many years. We are renowned for our inventory of stunning new Mazda vehicles, as well as our extensive range of pre-owned vehicles. But we don’t just sell cars and SUVs, we buy them too. It couldn’t be easier to trade or sell your car to us at Capistrano Mazda.
WHY SELL YOUR CAR TO CAPISTRANO MAZDA?
Selling your vehicle to Capistrano Mazda is a simple, hassle-free process with no strings attached. If your vehicle becomes surplus to your requirements, you can bring it to us and we’ll offer you top dollar for it. We’ll pay you for your car today, even if you’re not buying a vehicle from us. You can choose to be paid by check or cash.
Without the complications of selling your car privately, you can sell it to us in under 30 minutes. With the simple tools on the Capistrano Mazda website, you can value your car and get an instant cash offer without leaving the comfort of your own home.
WHY NOT SELL YOUR CAR PRIVATELY?
Selling your vehicle privately might get you a better price, but it can be a complicated and time-consuming process. It can sometimes take many weeks, and if you don’t follow the recommended steps for listing your car, it can actually end up costing you money. You might be surprised at the number of things you need to think of. So, let’s take a look.
Before you advertise your car, you need to follow these steps if you want to get the best price:
- You should carry out any necessary repairs. Even minor dents and scratches can detract from the value.
- Give your car a thorough clean and detail it to make it look its best. If you don’t have time to do this, you’ll need to pay someone to do it.
- Take some great-looking photos of the car from different angles that show it in the best light.
- Do some research to find out what your car’s worth and what similar vehicles are selling for in the San Juan Capistrano area.
- Have the title in hand to give to the buyer.
- If you still have a loan on your car, you’ll have to ask the lender for the pay-off figure and ensure it’s paid off in full before you get the title.
- Request and pay for a CarFax report so you can show the vehicle’s history to a potential buyer.
- Pay to list the car on multiple online sites.
So, now you can sit back and relax as buyers beat a path to your door — right? Well, no. It’s not that easy.
DEALING WITH POTENTIAL BUYERS
Once you’ve prepared your car for sale and advertised it, you then have to deal with prospective buyers. This can also take up a lot of your time. You need to:
- Take phone calls and respond to messages from potential buyers.
- Schedule appointments for buyers to view the vehicle.
- Arrange a safe place to meet with potential buyers.
- Ensure that potential buyers have the correct insurance before allowing them to test drive your car.
- Be ready to haggle with a buyer over the price.
- Decide if you’re prepared to trade rather than accept cash for your car.
During this stage, you’ll likely get frustrated by time wasters and tire kickers before you get a serious buyer.
WHEN YOU GET A BUYER
Once someone agrees to buy the vehicle, you’ve still got a few things to take care of:
- Ask the buyer for payment by cash or a cashier’s check.
- Correctly complete the title.
- Ask for a picture of the buyer’s driver’s license.
- Ensure that the new owner immediately registers the car in their name.
That should hopefully be the end of it. However, be ready for a call from the buyer if anything goes wrong with the car soon after the sale.
SELLING YOUR CAR TO CAPISTRANO MAZDA
When you sell your car to us at Capistrano Mazda, the procedure is a whole lot easier. Here’s all you need to do:
- Visit the Sell/Trade page on our website and enter your car’s specific details, features, and condition.
- Get an instant cash offer based on Kelley Blue Book values. The offer is good for seven days, as long as your car’s condition stays the same.
- Bring your car and the offer to Capistrano Mazda, where we’ll verify the offer.
- Get your cash, check, or trade-in credit. The offer’s the same whether you sell or trade your car.
And that’s it. It really is that simple to sell your car to us at Capistrano Mazda. If your car is financed or leased, we can take care of the necessary paperwork so you can pay off the loan and any fees.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
To complete the sale of your car to Capistrano Mazda, you’ll need to bring the instant cash offer certificate, a valid driver’s license, and the vehicle title and registration. We’ll also need all keys, manuals, and service and repair records.
IT’S A GOOD TIME TO SELL YOUR CAR
Now is a great time to consider selling your car to Capistrano Mazda. In the current uncertain times, many people are holding off buying new vehicles and hanging on to their current cars instead. At the same time, an increase in people wanting used cars has created a shortage of high-quality pre-owned vehicles.
In addition, many new vehicle buyers are considering investing in an electric or hybrid car but might be waiting to see how the charging infrastructure develops before parting with their old car. This is also adding to the short supply of used vehicles, meaning that there’s never been a better time to trade or sell your car to Capistrano Mazda
If you still have questions about selling your car to Capistrano Mazda, visit us at our San Juan Capistrano dealership and our friendly and helpful sales team will be happy to discuss your concerns. Alternatively, contact us by phone or ask a question on our website.